backspacer LP versions

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: backspacer LP versions

Postby kdyvelkov » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:24 am

Got me one, happy me hehe.

Do anybody know how limited it is?
Kenny
kdyvelkov

Postby karpin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:28 am

rob wrote:I'm glad to have finally scored a copy of the white backspacer, I would never have payed the ebay prices for it, but 36$ are a good enough deal :D
I hope that everyone on here that wanted a copy have managed to get one

No! I haven't.. No more Ltd. Ed.!
karpin

Postby juancor70 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:13 pm

rob wrote:I'm glad to have finally scored a copy of the white backspacer, I would never have payed the ebay prices for it, but 36$ are a good enough deal :D

No. I didn't get a copy.

I'm sick of these motherfucking 10c 'rules'. A friend of mine and a member of this forum bought one for me about 15 min after they posted the message. He got the confirmation emails, everything. I was out that night, so he called me for me to be cool about it because he managed to score two of them - so there was no need for me to rush into an internet café at 1 a.m. to try to buy one. I am a member, I could have easily gone somewhere and buy one.

The next day, they posted some more for sale saying that they were limited to 1. That's fair game, because the night before, people were buying by the dozens - BUT, how can they fucking go and cancel orders from the day before just because they felt like it??? If Santos or whoever the fuck fucked up when they posted it with no limit, it's their bad. They should be held accountable for that. Them canceling the orders for those that bought more than one the day before it's like them canceling all orders because they messed up on the price and instead of selling them at $25, they want to sell it at $250 - so all orders purchased at $25 will be cancelled. Let's see people taking that as calm as they're taking it now.

Fuck that. It's insane and it proves that 10c is land of no one. They do whatever they want with no responsibility whatsoever.

A friend of mine ordered a Songbook for me, it never got here. I called to get a replacement order, they said they didn't have a single copy to account for those that may have been lost in the mail. But worry not, they refund him the $39.... which is the same as fuck-all since books are going for 200 USD on eBay.

Someone should step in and say something. Or better yet, do something.
juancor70

Postby theserialthrilla » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:10 am

juancor70 wrote:

No. I didn't get a copy.

I'm sick of these motherfucking 10c 'rules'. A friend of mine and a member of this forum bought one for me about 15 min after they posted the message. He got the confirmation emails, everything. I was out that night, so he called me for me to be cool about it because he managed to score two of them - so there was no need for me to rush into an internet café at 1 a.m. to try to buy one. I am a member, I could have easily gone somewhere and buy one.

The next day, they posted some more for sale saying that they were limited to 1. That's fair game, because the night before, people were buying by the dozens - BUT, how can they fucking go and cancel orders from the day before just because they felt like it??? If Santos or whoever the fuck fucked up when they posted it with no limit, it's their bad. They should be held accountable for that. Them canceling the orders for those that bought more than one the day before it's like them canceling all orders because they messed up on the price and instead of selling them at $25, they want to sell it at $250 - so all orders purchased at $25 will be cancelled. Let's see people taking that as calm as they're taking it now.

Fuck that. It's insane and it proves that 10c is land of no one. They do whatever they want with no responsibility whatsoever.

A friend of mine ordered a Songbook for me, it never got here. I called to get a replacement order, they said they didn't have a single copy to account for those that may have been lost in the mail. But worry not, they refund him the $39.... which is the same as fuck-all since books are going for 200 USD on eBay.

nothing can be done sorry but we are all a little fed up with 10c
theserialthrilla

Postby do.the.evolution » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 pm

juancor70 wrote:

No. I didn't get a copy.

I can understand that you are upset by getting no LP, but,
I think you can't blame the tenclub this way. They just try to make a fair deal.
They can't do everything right, nobody can. But limit to one per member is the only thing to make it as fair as possible.
You cannot avoid that people sell it right away on ebay, just look at the backpacks. The first ones are on ebay right now, and they will go away for horrible prices. But you can avoid that some people sell 10 of them and thus earn 100s of $.

The problem is that not just people buy the limited stuff, because they like it, but so many buy them just to resell them.
And what should the 10c do bout that?
Any idea?

So, wait just a few days, you will get the white bs many times on ebay, you won't get it for 25$, sure,
but, also for sure you won't have to pay 2000$ for it.

For the songbook, this is really sad, but what should the 10c do in this case?
Do you really want them to pay you 200 even if you had paid 40$?
It happens that things get lost, but therefore only the postal service is to be blamed, not the 10c.

And limited means limited, that is, if it's gone, it's gone.
That's the game!

So calm down, man, what would you do without the 10c?
Don't you always buy your tickets there?
And all of this merch, all the boots, where would you buy all of the stuff?
They do much, and they do many very good things,
but,
nobody is perfect!

Okay, that was my thought for the day
do.the.evolution

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:41 am

juancor70 wrote:

No. I didn't get a copy.

Im with you on this Juan,

you had effectively scored the vinyl, that stopped you buying your own, then a U turn on the rules left you empty handed. I too wouldnt be impressed. I know your situation is genuine too, so that is a blow to the balls man, but so many others wouldnt have been genuine. Sadly you are punished as a result.

10club got the right result in the end IMO - one per member, but the road to that conclusion wasnt well thought out, and was another example of a pretty poor bunch of actions.

Regardless, about your Uke songbook....its staggering also a small amount were not retained to deal with postal failures......I understand your pissed with this too. You scored the item, and now dopnt have it. Its not a case of you expecting them to refund you $200, i dont think you ever expected that, but what you did IMO rightly expect that such situations would be covered by adequate stock....Even the poster artists keep back 10% in case of postal failures which is why you often find Brad has a select few of past prints on every new sale.

Sure life goes on, but for now I think your anger and disappointed come with merit. Just hope you can now get fixed up by a kind person at the right price. I'll keep my eyes open for the vinyl....but the uke book will need a miracle
pdalowsky

Postby randallanddarcy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:20 am

I got a copy on the second pj.com sale. Got the back pack too. I have been lucky lately.
randallanddarcy

Postby VicSpeed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:08 am

Welcome Randall!

Hi from Spain! ;)
VicSpeed

Postby rival » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:41 am

I came across an ebay auction tonight and both the title of the auction and the description claimed that there were only 1000 of these White Backspacers printed. I came here to see (http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1750) and sure enough, it says 1000.

I was wondering where this number came from. At the time of the sale, I remember Tim saying there were "More than 500 but fewer than 5000." But I never heard an exact number. Just wondering where I missed this.

Thanks,
-rival
rival

Postby massimo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 am

I was thinking the same too...
massimo

Postby rival » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Anyone? Bueller?

I'm thinking if no one has a definitive source, it should maybe be removed from the site as it is inaccurate. I'm not telling anyone how to run this place or anything but if it's factually incorrect, I would think no info is better than wrong info.

At the least, you can put what Tim said as the run "More than 500 and less than 5000."

Just my two cents though.
rival

Postby norman-grunge » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:06 pm

I can't remember the source at the moment but I am
sure it's indeed 1000 copies.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby southp » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Along with the number that were pressed, can someone let me know how to confirm that it's the white LP and not the regular black vinyl when it's still sealed?

They appear to have the same serial number MWR9413.

Do you just have to open them?
southp

Postby rival » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

southp wrote:Along with the number that were pressed, can someone let me know how to confirm that it's the white LP and not the regular black vinyl when it's still sealed?

They appear to have the same serial number MWR9413.

Do you just have to open them?

Yeah, there was/is a pretty extensive thread on the 10c forum with pictures trying to tell the difference. As of right now, there is no indication as to how to tell them apart.
rival

Previous

Return to Pearl Jam Discography