1998 Melbourne Vinyl

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

1998 Melbourne Vinyl

Postby lesheifner » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Hello guys.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen this.

It's a seemingly perfect vinyl copy of the boys' Melbourne 1998 show. It comes in an unmarked white sleeve with a simple piece of paper showing the track listing.

In case the image above doesn't show up, on the label it says..

CREATIVE
PRESENTS

On The Air

Show #126 Week of July 22

Pearl Jam
Live at Melbourne Park
Australia, March 5 1998

© On The Air, 1998 All Rights Reserved

Any clues? Anyone?

Thanks,
L.
Austin: 10.16.95, Dallas: 07.05.98, San Francisco: 07.15.06, San Francisco: 07.16.06, San Francisco: 07.18.06, Portland: 07.20.06, The Gorge: 07.22.06, The Gorge: 07.23.06, Seattle: 09.21.09, Seattle: 09.22.09, Portland: 09.26.09, Philadelphia: 10.31.09
lesheifner

Re: 1998 Melbourne Vinyl

Postby lesheifner » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 am

Update: I did find this posting on the official board. Still no new evidence, but the piece of paper in the other guys' copy says "Suck On My D**K Presents." That part has been cut off on my copy.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157148

The plot thickens.
Austin: 10.16.95, Dallas: 07.05.98, San Francisco: 07.15.06, San Francisco: 07.16.06, San Francisco: 07.18.06, Portland: 07.20.06, The Gorge: 07.22.06, The Gorge: 07.23.06, Seattle: 09.21.09, Seattle: 09.22.09, Portland: 09.26.09, Philadelphia: 10.31.09
lesheifner

Postby arq » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 am

I'm pretty sure is a bootleg.
arq

Postby theserialthrilla » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:49 pm

yeah they are a new boot i emailed the chap selling them, in oz
theserialthrilla

Postby demetrios » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 am

theserialthrilla wrote:yeah they are a new boot i emailed the chap selling them, in oz

How much? :)
demetrios

Postby Chrisilein » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 am

demetrios wrote:
theserialthrilla wrote:yeah they are a new boot i emailed the chap selling them, in oz

How much? :)

http://cgi.ebay.at/PEARL-JAM-LIVE-AT-ME ... 1c1c4f262c

Not so expensive, D.
Chrisilein

Postby lesheifner » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:53 am

Buying this was like the 90's again when it comes to boots, but it's vinyl. A lot of people are going to think these are really special, but they're just made by some dude who can half-ass make vinyl and afford it, but we're just giving some non Pearl Jam entity money for a half-ass product. I'm okay with having it, but it's clearly the bootlegiest shit you can find.

I knew this was an FM broadcast from the get go, and I already had the show in other formats, but this is yet another reason the band should really contemplate releasing some high-class live shows on vinyl. I would have paid twice as much for this if it was an official vinyl release with the quality that goes with an official release.

Why Pearl Jam has not released a special edition live vinyl archive seems as boggling. Why not?

I guess until then, little fellas will be doing it for them, with missing songs and either shitty or no art.
lesheifner

Postby theserialthrilla » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 am

lesheifner wrote:Buying this was like the 90's again when it comes to boots, but it's vinyl. A lot of people are going to think these are really special, but they're just made by some dude who can half-ass make vinyl and afford it, but we're just giving some non Pearl Jam entity money for a half-ass product. I'm okay with having it, but it's clearly the bootlegiest shit you can find.

I knew this was an FM broadcast from the get go, and I already had the show in other formats, but this is yet another reason the band should really contemplate releasing some high-class live shows on vinyl. I would have paid twice as much for this if it was an official vinyl release with the quality that goes with an official release.

Why Pearl Jam has not released a special edition live vinyl archive seems as boggling. Why not?

I guess until then, little fellas will be doing it for them, with missing songs and either shitty or no art.

spot on bud it drives me crazy pj do not sell old shows on vinyl..im a member of the vault(third man records/jack white) for this reason to gett live shows on vinyl. ok its $70 every three months.but i would pay that and more to pj if they did this..

has the seller just taken the recording off the cd and put it on vinyl..the other new boots out there have been great sound lately.zurich coloured vinyl is really nice
theserialthrilla

Postby youngster » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 pm

theserialthrilla wrote:
lesheifner wrote:Buying this was like the 90's again when it comes to boots, but it's vinyl. A lot of people are going to think these are really special, but they're just made by some dude who can half-ass make vinyl and afford it, but we're just giving some non Pearl Jam entity money for a half-ass product. I'm okay with having it, but it's clearly the bootlegiest shit you can find.

spot on bud it drives me crazy pj do not sell old shows on vinyl..im a member of the vault(third man records/jack white) for this reason to gett live shows on vinyl. ok its $70 every three months.but i would pay that and more to pj if they did this..

has the seller just taken the recording off the cd and put it on vinyl..the other new boots out there have been great sound lately.zurich coloured vinyl is really nice

I would love it if PJ released vault shows on vinyl for special paying members. But they can't even press one vinyl release a year for their members in a timely fashion so I would be hesitant to pay if they ever offered that service.
youngster

Postby jimbojones1138 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:35 pm

theserialthrilla wrote:

the zurich one does sound really nice... although a few tracks are ommitted and out of order... i picked up a copy of the melbourne show... not bad... although again, a few songs are ommitted.

need more live pj on vinyl...atlanta 94, melbourne 95, berlin 96 would be sweet.

so how much would it cost to actually press a bunch of these? id love to make my own of the 3 listed above...
jimbojones1138

Return to Pearl Jam Discography