Blue Fixer

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: Blue Fixer

Postby Frank Gibson » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:20 pm

of course
i don't doubt about it
i doubt about the non translucent one
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Marc » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:At the end i can only say i don't think the marble fixer is legit but i think the one from stou is ...i don't understand why 10c doesn't answer messagge pit questions...

Hi friends,

I have new information to share about The Fixer blue vinyl.

I believe this copy is real, legitimate and authentic http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1813

For the September 2010 KJR Kares A-Thon event benefiting worthy Seattle organizations Pearl Jam and Ten Club donated a blue The Fixer vinyl (along with a white Backspacer lp and Benaroya Hall lp and cool autographed items) https://seaintsol.com/auction/Details.a ... 48&ID=1293

On September 9 Pearl Jam posted a link on their Facebook page to the online auction http://www.facebook.com/PearlJam?v=wall .

If I may provide some background information Pearl Jam and Ten Club have generously donated items to this annual KJR fundraising event since 1998, 13 consecutive years! I know this because I have followed this fundraising event all 13 years. Jeff Ament and Mike McCready have appeared during past years fundraising efforts to promote Pearl Jam donated items.

As the very fortunate recipient of this blue The Fixer single I have compared it very carefully with the regular white The Fixer single and the markings/etchings on both vinyls are exactly the same. I very much believe that this copy of The Fixer blue single is real, legitimate and authentic.

Last edited by Marc on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marc

Postby Megadave » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 pm

uh mates,

take a deep breath..
i dont think Frank wanna start a fight on blu fix..
he just wrote about his doubts..
dont blame him..
sadly it's not the uploader that makes the genuinity of a vinyl or a cd...
imo..and i think i'm not the only one...we became sure about the blux fix only when pj donated it to a charity auction..
but til that moment...we were not sure...with all the respect...

we have many suspected items on our database...waiting for a confirm..
that's why we're opened to every discussion...and we're ready to delete wrong items..
many mistakes done in past, me as a first.....PLEAZE DONT FORGET THIS THING!!!!!!

we can post everything....but it doesnt mean that an item is official..
and i dont think Frank said the uploader is a liar..
so dont blame him...he just expressed his opinion..

we're a all collectors, we're a comunity...no one helps us...so i think we want the best for our discog, mistakes and different opinoins included!!
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby Marc » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 am

Megadave wrote:
i dont know if the copy now on ebay has a light-reflex problem....but if it's a marble copy or rainbow coloured copy....it's a very very BAD SIGN...

again this message doesnt mean that the blu fix is a bootz...just mean that as old collectors that spent too much money..but we need a solid argument!!!

Frank Gibson wrote:i want to repeat that i doubt about this fixer only cause the first time we saw it it was translucent like the gold orange one and not like that on ebay

what do you think about it?

Hi Dave,

My previous post was trying to provide a "solid argument" as you requested months ago while at the same time giving proofs that the marble blue The Fixer vinyl is legit and authentic.

I don't care what Frank or others personally believe about the blue Fixer. (Meaning others are free to believe what they want to believe. I definitely care for others opinions.)

Why is it not possible for both blue Fixers to be legit?
Last edited by Marc on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Marc

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:58 am

Megadave wrote:uh mates,

take a deep breath..
dont blame him..

thanks so much mega
i see that you understand what i mean

I think that message like this: "I don't care what Frank or others personally believe about the blue Fixer." can't help us to understand pj discography and think are very rude
however no problem for me ...i don't care too :D

back to my question
maybe someone can tell me why i saw the first blue fixer in translucent vinyl and now i see some blue fixer in a non translucent vinyl, and also very different type of blue?
someone can answer this? or maybe am i totally blind????

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

Frank Gibson wrote:
Megadave wrote:uh mates,

take a deep breath..
dont blame him..

thanks so much mega
i see that you understand what i mean

I think that message like this: "I don't care what Frank or others personally believe about the blue Fixer." can't help us to understand pj discography and think are very rude

back to my question
maybe someone can tell me why i saw the first blue fixer in translucent vinyl and now i see some blue fixer in a non translucent vinyl, and also very different type of blue?

There are two possible explanations Frank.

We must take heed of Marc's information on this. In my mind Marc has proved beyond any doubt that the one he has is real. There can be no doubting this. Nothing is more real than something given away by the band......The band giving it away means its official - even if they made it themselves!!!!!! Im joking of course, as its clear this is the limited pressing they had made for these purposes.

So, how do we explain the translucent one? I dont recall the one you mean, as the one from Stout seemed v similar to the one bought by both Sam and Marc. But if it was different, perhaps its the camera angle and the lighting that was used in the photo graph....I have seen the orange one looking goldish and bright orange, and not only that but solid in colour and transulcent depending on how the picture was taken....Scans always provide the better image of course. We can see both Marc and sam have scanned which has shown a great solid blue colour. Maybe im talking nonsense, maybe not....as you know Im no vinyl expert myself, just offering up a suggestion

secondly...perhaps the 'translucent one' is fake? I doubt this very much, but its [ossible if it really is different as we know for a fact the opnes that are solid blue looking are 100% genuine and real and official....
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:28 am

guys i also think that Marc was just putting straight the comment about 'doubting the non translucent one' is real...... after all with the evidence on display as to the origin of it i.e Pearl Jam....it seems a bit odd to doubt its a genuine item?
pdalowsky

Postby Megadave » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 am

Marc wrote:
My previous post was trying to provide a "solid argument" as you requested months ago

i think that solid arguments for each item, not just about the blu fix, it's the goal of every single collector

Marc wrote:
I don't care what Frank or others personally believe

please mate, dont forget that it's a community not a "one-man board"......if u dont care about other guys opinions feel free to delete your account.
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:02 pm

pdalowsky wrote:guys i also think that Marc was just putting straight the comment about 'doubting the non translucent one' is real...... after all with the evidence on display as to the origin of it i.e Pearl Jam....it seems a bit odd to doubt its a genuine item?

i don't dubt about something
i have no personal opinion just looking on some different blue fixer

I asked only about this thing ...don't understand all this mess-around :P

i don't want to be more polemic in this tread so i prefer to return on topic

it is possible?

paul i know you no problem ;)

Frank Gibson

Postby Marc » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:I think that message like this: "I don't care what Frank or others personally believe about the blue Fixer." can't help us to understand pj discography and think are very rude

back to my question

I apologize for my poor choice of words, Frank. I meant to say you are free to believe what you wish to believe without interference from me. I do not wish to be rude to you or anyone. Mea culpa.

I would very much like to get back to the blue Fixer discussion. Did stoutr (or anyone else) provide any specific information on the darker blue/translucent Fixer? I don't have any information on this other blue Fixer so I must wait for the information to be provided.
Marc

Postby Megadave » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Marc wrote:
Frank Gibson wrote:I think that message like this: "I don't care what Frank or others personally believe about the blue Fixer." can't help us to understand pj discography and think are very rude

back to my question

I apologize for my poor choice of words, Frank. I meant to say you are free to believe what you wish to believe without interference from me. I do not wish to be rude to you or anyone. Mea culpa.

I would very much like to get back to the blue Fixer discussion. Did stoutr (or anyone else) provide any specific information on the darker blue/translucent Fixer? I don't have any information on this other blue Fixer so I must wait for the information to be provided.

"welcome back" mate..!!! :)
:) :)
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:02 pm

no problem for me
;)

Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 pm

i saw the fixer i mean some post ago in a picture i have ....i found it in an archieve

it seems to be not a translucent one so i think this is the only blue fixer legit ;)

thanks to marc for the informations

Frank Gibson

Previous

Return to Pearl Jam Discography