Russian VS vinyl

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Russian VS vinyl

Postby kdyvelkov » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi

This is my first time writing here, but I've been looking and following for a long time.

But my question is, does anybody know something about the Russian VS vinyl, I bought one but after looking it over, it seems a bit fake, there is no production note or anything, the back cover is yellow with titles on english and russian and nothing else, the fron cover is the VS picture with Pearl jam in red in the top right coner and some russian under it, the spine says stereo n93 00693/4 Pearl jam, the vinyl stickers are orange and Pearl jam written in top and titles in english and the normal Stereo 33 written on the left side, the right side writes n93 00694 ATR 30266, that's all the info I have for now, I do have pictures but I haven't uploaded it yet.

Another question, if I have some addition to the site, how do I do that?
Kenny
kdyvelkov

Re: Russian VS vinyl

Postby norman-grunge » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Welcome here!

Sadly the Russian VS vinyl is a fake and not an official release.

You can send info and pics to vicspeed@yahoo.com or to my email address norman-grunge@gmx.de
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby kdyvelkov » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi

Thanks for the answer, hmm, sad that it is a fake but, what the hell, its nice :) but strange that it is, I bought from ebay along with a bunch of cd's and dvd's and they are all official, but ok, I only paid 35 $ for it.

Thanks for the mails, I'll send some pics and info.
Kenny
kdyvelkov

Postby kdyvelkov » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Another question, how do you know it's fake? Not that I doubt you but is just curious, the same with the VS picture disc, do some of you have contacts or do you just write to 10C and ask?
Kenny
kdyvelkov

Postby norman-grunge » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:18 pm

There is no word of Epic and the catalog number isn''t of one the Epic label. Just two facts. 8-)
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby kdyvelkov » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:03 am

ok thanks :)
Kenny
kdyvelkov

Postby anzi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

It's definetely not an oficial vinyl.
Russia has no strict law against illegal copies of the records before 1995, and there was a big hole in then current law: the music recorded from the broadcast. There must be a Russian text on the back side of the cover, something with meaning "the recording was made from the broadcast". So it could be officially sold but the record was illegal anyway. They were really cheap, you could get for $2 many classic albums from Led Zeppelin, Stooges etc. And VS by Pearl Jam, of corse.
I can 100% guarantee that Epic has nothing to do with that record (I live in Russia myself).
anzi

Postby Megadave » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

anzi wrote:It's definetely not an oficial vinyl.
Russia has no strict law against illegal copies of the records before 1995, and there was a big hole in then current law: the music recorded from the broadcast. There must be a Russian text on the back side of the cover, something with meaning "the recording was made from the broadcast". So it could be officially sold but the record was illegal anyway. They were really cheap, you could get for $2 many classic albums from Led Zeppelin, Stooges etc. And VS by Pearl Jam, of corse.
I can 100% guarantee that Epic has nothing to do with that record (I live in Russia myself).

wow anzi!!!many info here!!!! :shock:
who are u....Putin?? :shock:
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:40 pm

anzi wrote:It's definetely not an oficial vinyl.

yeah
i posted one or two years ago a topic about it
i was talking with a russian seller and told me all those things about russian records
it is 100% bootleg (not a fake :D ) and i heard a voice about also a TEN release but i am not sure about it and think it is only a voice but i also hope to find one

if i find out where is my topic about it I will post the link
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby kdyvelkov » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks for the great infor on russian records.

There is no text on the back cover, except the titles in english and russian.
Kenny
kdyvelkov

Postby vipersmasher » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 am

russian bootlegs eh where can I find one bootlegs are great
vipersmasher

Return to Pearl Jam Discography