WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Postby drsluggo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:10 am

This is a hard one since they change sellers every time, but I'm guessing these Crown of Thorns promo CDs are not legit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230765114561 - new seller at time *the.music.guy* (now has 7 fb)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230761444332 - same seller as above

Now this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150787322264

Same description, same new seller... nataliedoan

There was at least one other one listed that now is too late to be on the complete auctions, but same crap with new seller same description. But I'd bet these are not legit promos... I could always be wrong, but it seems fishy for sure.
drsluggo

Postby drsluggo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm assuming this set is fake.. theres no red on the letters. Can anyone tell me I'm wrong? I'm going to email ebay if not... I dont want to see someone waste $200 on a fake set of pics. I'm getting really annoyed with these fakes!

ebay item # 300688511807

grrr..... i really want to complete my set too, but not with flippin fakes!! :evil:
drsluggo

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 pm

I think mike had three variant colour sets so these may be the real deal?
pdalowsky

Postby drsluggo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:03 am

pdalowsky wrote:I think mike had three variant colour sets so these may be the real deal?

Did he? I thought some letters on black had red and some were all white? If he did do variants it could be the real deal then... I only found a few pictures on a quick search and they had red on some letters. I might be wrong!
drsluggo

Postby monkeewrench » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Megadave wrote:
norman-grunge wrote:Guys keep away from the 3cd Vs/vitalogy promo set in white cardboard sleeves on ebay. Got from the same seller in another deal. The CD covers are badly printed. self printed. Asked a lot of questions to the seller about authentication but got never a reply. So I have big concerns about this.

+1!!!

these kind of promo come everytime from the same seller and they're printed always in the same way...
he's the only one..
i think we must delete some items from our database..
and in the meantime i'm going to add this guy on our "black list" (it's on page 1)..

Guys, is this the same fake set of vs/Vitalogy promos as described in the above post? An auction ended today for what I believe to be this set and since I don't see it listed on this site i'm assuming it's either a fake or someone got one hell of a deal. The auction seller is "trixi24* and the link is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160851008379. Also, if this is a fake set "trixi24* is not listed on page one of this thread. I'm posting a pic below for future reference.
monkeewrench

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:59 pm

drsluggo wrote:
pdalowsky wrote:I think mike had three variant colour sets so these may be the real deal?

Did he? I thought some letters on black had red and some were all white? If he did do variants it could be the real deal then... I only found a few pictures on a quick search and they had red on some letters. I might be wrong!

after the tour just gone, i can confirm there were in fact 4 sets!! 16 picks
pdalowsky

Postby theserialthrilla » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 pm

theserialthrilla

Postby norman-grunge » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 pm

theserialthrilla wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDREW-WOOD-Mother-Love-Bone-RARE-7-PEARL-JAM-NIRVANA-Grunge-PUNK-GLAM-45-VINYL-/200819114605?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2ec1c0826d

is this for real

I have never seen this before. It looks like a bootleg. The sound is bad too.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby evsgjamm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:07 am

This is somewhat related to the subject of this thread and deals directly with one eBayer who is bending / breaking eBay's policies as a seller. This seller specializes in punk rock music and although there are no PJ items in his online store(s), I felt this to be a necessary bit of info as some of you out there are probably interested in other bands as well and may have come across this seller.

Seller name: kb_pr

Situation that breaks eBay's policies and caused me to get a message today from eBay informing me I am dealing with an eBayer who is not abiding by eBay's policies: the seller had a couple vinyl records for sale I was interested in. He had a price listed and also had a "make me an offer" option. I made an offer on each of the vinyl. He counteroffered and left a message informing me he has these vinyl on a different online store for a cheaper price; cheaper because he didn't have to pay eBay & paypal fees. I found this suspicious as he was directing me to a sale OUTSIDE of eBay and I was there specifically to buy off of eBay. I declined the offer and left him a message saying thanks, but no thanks. Less than 24 hours later, I receive a message in my eBay inbox from eBay admin saying I've been caught performing activity that goes against eBay's policies and I need to stop. It was just a warning. Here's exactly what it said:

We recently learned that your eBay account has been involved in activity that violates one of our policies.

eBay members aren't allowed to use systems or techniques to avoid eBay fees. One example of this is including contact information or an offer to buy or sell an item outside of eBay within a Best Offer.

I replied to the message saying Thank You for bringing this to my attention. I explained what happened, step by step and told them I didn't buy the vinyl from him nor from his other online store. I rejected his offers and moved on.

So, another BUYER BEWARE, that could hopefully save some of you from unwanted trouble.

Best Regards,

Rogan
evsgjamm

Postby norman-grunge » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks for your story Rogan.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby theserialthrilla » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251198271935? ... _22wt_1170

i asked seller to show the cd...they have added new pictures..but the track list on the cd's is well...errrrrrrr
theserialthrilla

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 am

seller finally admitted last night it might possibly be a bootleg LOL
pdalowsky

Postby bc_indiana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 pm

theserialthrilla wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251198271935?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_22wt_1170

i asked seller to show the cd...they have added new pictures..but the track list on the cd's is well...errrrrrrr

... not one track name i recognize. crazy how many people get fooled. the bidding is outrageous on it.
-Brian
USA Collector and co-conspirator of PJCollectors.com

Its ok to mess up...
bc_indiana

Postby theserialthrilla » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 am

guess we have all seen this on ebay..looks fake
theserialthrilla

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:57 pm

someone will but it K, like that hideous chinese lost dogs last week
pdalowsky

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography