WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:10 am

Hi guys,

Of late there has been a great increase in dubious items surfacing on ebay, therefore as many of you know we conducted an intensive investigation into many of the sellers and their aliases. As a result of that investigation and following long discussions with many of this boards members we have decided to open this thread to ensure we can all share our negative experiences in the collector's world, and make sure we are all aware of new rogue sellers etc.

During the last few months and in fact over the past few years too, we have seen the full array of fakes now

a)...burned copies,
b) fake acetates
c) Home made dvds,
d) cd singles with fake covers,
e) cdalbum poor copies,
f) strange private offers (in our board too),
g) multiple rare items,no refund...etc..

and no we see on the increase new fake promos with actual printed discs....a new era and concerning in the fake.

Little can be done for us to stop these auctions, but what we can do by collaberating is to use our space, profile and web presence within the PJ community to share our doubts and suspicions about sellers, old and new, about people with bad communications, about dishonesty, about the refusal to give refunds for known illegitimate items, on fake autographs to avoid, and for the ultimate kick in the face to us - those who register here to sell rare items at hideously over priced prices, and anything else we do not feel is right and just.

Obviously we are all free to buy whatever items we want or we feel we need but what I am sure of is that all the members here spend blood,sweat and tears (money, time and work) to build a personal and serious collection and these increasingly common situations make it harder the collector. This is shown by many of our most prominent members being caught out very recently.....as one thing is for sure the fakes are getting better every day. It is also apparent that some of the big PJ collectors who do not post here are also buying these items, and mainly because they look good, and appear on the face of it real.

If you are unsure about whether to post something please feel free to contact our Administrator, myself (i'm still getting new info everyday about these persons) or any of the old members that you are well acquainted to for any necessary support or guidance.

But feel free to post and share,it's important to us all....

Remember, we have successfully done this in the past and in doing so in that moment we had our little victory!!!
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Re: WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:20 am

It is therefore proposed from this moment forward that we have a sellers blacklist that we can all update and add to when circumstances and situations arise, ensuring that all members are aware of the idenitities of defrauding parties.

many members here have been caught out by these unscrupulous individuals, and this will help protect those within our community from having further negative experiences, we can definitely learn from our own mistakes and ensure others do not make them.

This list we have composed is supported by a strong and thorough investigation, great time and care has been committed to its comilation and we now make it public with great confidence in its accuracy. Much of my research is backed up fully by ebay auctions and ebay/paypal activity.

Therefore you will now be able to see here their ebay identities and the activity that is causing concern.

The list will be a work in progress and constantly updated as new information and more bogus sellers are found....but we really hope to not more use this topic in the future!!!

In the meantime i ask you to check your ebay feedback page to check you havent bought anything from these people so far.

Please feel free to write about your experience and to ask for anyn information you need about the experiences had to date or at any time in the future that is posted here.

Due to Paypals time constraints for making refund claims it is important to have the time to open a Paypal case to ask for a return of your money...

Thanks always for your attention
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:57 am

Here is our list:

- zlaku(fake acetates: old and new stuff)

- mskiu(fake acetates: old and new stuff)

- voodochild(mskiu 's second nickname)

- purplehaze1985(fake acetates: especially new stuff)

- farnboyz(fake acetates: especially new stuff; he could ba another mskiu's nickname but at moment we can't prove it)

- zsgte(fake new promos)

- mrcreezely(fake promos)

- music_chief09(radio show burned copies: beware to his "THE TEN CODE" & "LOLLAPALOOZA 2007")

- playdisc45(music_chief09 's second nickname)

- matthatter1(probably always musich_chief09 after ebay&paypal closed his 2first accounts. Beware no paypal!!!)

- muzikstore2 (probably always musich_chief09 after changed his passaport!!)

- diverdowner(fake picks)

- br-rarities (fake brazilian acetates; beware: this person is registered in this forum aka "brice", DON'T BUY ITEMS FROM THIS "SELLER"!!!!)

- rarebrazilcds(Br-rarities 's second nickname)

- wsl57 (he sells thousand copies of Angel testpress)

- 20000promopicstoclear(cheap bad re-printed promo photo)

- ronesc(new just breath "potentially" fake copy)

- pa-ar05(philipphine seller on ebay.it;fake auctions or items not shipped)

- dancemusicfan(fake braz promo, maybe an old "friend" with a new nickname???)

- xcp-000(fake new amongst the waves uk promo)

- outwit567(Fake thai promo stamped)

- papermaniac(probably fake cd/dvd promo especially from ten legacy-vs&vitalogy anniversary era)
Last edited by Megadave on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:09 am

That's all for the moment...but we want to add other info and some pics of this stuff to give u the best idea about this situation.
Remember to check immediately your feedback's page...if u bought something from these person , u can still have the time to open a paypal's case to ask a total refund!!!

more info and pics in the next hours...this is a collaboration's space cause just a collector....can save another collector!!!
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby VicSpeed » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:16 am

Great idea and perfect work Dave!
VicSpeed

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:03 am

in the meantime, 2 victories for the pjcollectors guys!!! 8-)

the best way to celebrate this new thread!!!

the result of our collaboration!!!

please note: No longer a registered user!!!!!!!!

http://myworld.ebay.com/music_chief09

http://myworld.ebay.com/playdisc45
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Lost Dog » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:59 am

great idea, i'll share my blacklist too
Lost Dog

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Lost Dog wrote:great idea, i'll share my blacklist too

;)

c'mon guys, posted everythings..pics,doubts,suspects,nicknames..the meaning of this post is to make Ebay...a better place for all the collectors!!!

yetserday there was ,as always, an Angel testpress sold by wsl57 with a bin for 80$...sorry...my fault, i should save the link and post it here...someone bought it....
guys, if the buyer is a registered member...please ask immediately a refund....he sells thousand copies of this item....really specialized in this item...it's ridicolous!!!
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:02 pm

I know wsl57 (he sells thousand copies of Angel testpress)very well
evey time he put it on ebay i ask him the same question: "where did you find the item?"
everytime he answer me in different ways ...cause he don't remember me and everytime i answer him that i know him from a long time and to stop to sell those fakes

I told it to ebay a lot of time but nothing ...he is still on the bay

the last time wsl57 told me tha this is the last copy he has of some items he had from his old work on a production house ...so if you see it sold on ebay he should have no more items ...finally!!!

be carefull

ps i remember also a couple of sellers with a lot of fake pics ...i will post the name after

bye
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:34 pm

as u know Frank, with wsl57 we had the same problem years ago..
and vinyl didn't arrive too.. refund..but after a long discussion with him...
kick out him form ebay?..it needs that buyers start to open more paypal's cases....as we have done with the radioshow 's seller...
i hope that every guest here can read this list...no more bin,no more best offer for this people....or if someone buy something from their shops..can go immediately to paypal...again,again and again...

about the radioshow's seller, someone here has received a mail from Ebay that said: "be careful with this user...he might be commiting fraud. do not pay out of eBay".

but i'll come back on this person, cause i noticed something impressive from all the info that every guy here,sent me in these days!!! i could not imagine...

about fakes picks, it can be a great thing, Frank, if u can give us some info...i have seen in these days that there's a great problem about this kind of items/memorabilia..i'm not in this world so i don't have great tinformations but your help will be appreciated..

the only thing i can say is that 20000promopicstoclear has another nick...he stopped to use it cause he had too many negative feedbacks that said always the same thing: "bad reproduction...cheap copies..fake photo promo badly reprinted..."....i was going to buy a promo photo from TOTD with a bin for 2cents ....but when i saw his feedback...... :shock:

i'm waiting to find again his second nick...
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby arq » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:59 pm

How in the world these people can reproduce a vinyl? Do they have access to the original masters?
arq

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:12 pm

good question Jose...in this sense the pj collector are really lucky...especially about vinyls,cause we don't have these kind of fakes in our little world (at moment...)..
the problem it 's not how can they have the original master....the problem is that these sellers are able to reproduce a fake copy of a master to re-sell it for thousands dollars!!!
i can post here, now...links.names.auctions....and especially...prices!!!!
i'mm really shocked by all the things i'mm discovering in these last 2-3days!!!

hope we can add in the next days , some images , not only related to the pjworld..just to compare, and in the meantime, to give the best idea to everyone about the pirates world.
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby norman-grunge » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:30 pm

There are fake copies of the Ten Basketball picture disc:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=890
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby arq » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:48 pm

norman-grunge wrote:There are fake copies of the Ten Basketball picture disc:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=890

thanks to that thread I've been able to save a lot of money! L O V E IT

there's a guy selling the 95 movie on DVD obviously a burned DVD, I asked him
about the quality of the movie and he said "excellent" but it seems like is the same quality as the one in you tube :(
arq

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:45 pm

arq wrote:How in the world these people can reproduce a vinyl? Do they have access to the original masters?

i think the difficult thing is only in the label
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Next

Return to Pearl Jam Discography