WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Postby theserialthrilla » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Megadave wrote:........look at this auction guys.....

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... SI:IT:1123

.....that's what i received....

think you might have got stung..the back cover is very bad

......fake???I'm seriously thinking of that
theserialthrilla

Postby monkeewrench » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm

theserialthrilla wrote:more bad news guys...well im almost 100% sure it is..let me know your thoughts

i bid on the unthought known over the weekend and lost..but seller contacting me saying his friend had another.

i was a little shocked but asked for some more info and pics...which im posting below..

they just dont match up to the ones on the database and look poorly copied..and back insert has no info at all.

if you won the one this weekend please check your copy when it arrives.

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1896

Image pjc cd

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290636631606? ... 1423.l2649 ebay listing with private bids never a good sign either...

Today I received the other fake copy of this, and from the picture posted it appears that my copy is this very pictured item. I can tell from the smear in the "A" of "PEARL JAM" as well as the ink run along the "All rights reserved...". I've sent the seller a message about a full refund but don't expect a response within the 24 hours I've given him to respond.
monkeewrench

Postby monkeewrench » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:47 am

As part of the dispute for this latest FAKE unthought known cd, PayPal requires this:

Obtain a document from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or an organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than you). This document should contain the following:
• Detailed description as to why the item is not authentic (i.e., how the item differs from an authentic item, how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic, etc.).
• If possible, the document should include a serial number and must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the authenticating party so that we can contact them directly, if necessary.

Paul was kind enough to provide a contact at Universal Music - Holland, but that email address is failing. Can someone help with this? Also, PayPal requires this info by Dec. 23rd. :o :?

PLEASE PM me if you can help. Thanks.
monkeewrench

Postby VicSpeed » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 am

Can't we act as a "third party" in this case?

in fact we are the people with more knowledge in these items... we are respected in the web!

"organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question"

i'm serious this time!
VicSpeed

Postby theserialthrilla » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 am

another case on ebay looking after sellers only... making it hard to get money back

but i agree if a pearl jam collectors web site is not the best place to say if it fake ..then who is
theserialthrilla

Postby Mani » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 am

Hi all :)
My name is Manfred,i am from Germany.
monkeywreench is not allone ,i have received also untough Known from M.P. Spain.
Thank you for this super site.
Sorry for my english :)
M
Mani

Postby monkeewrench » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:30 pm

VicSpeed wrote:Can't we act as a "third party" in this case?

in fact we are the people with more knowledge in these items... we are respected in the web!

"organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question"

i'm serious this time!

Originally I was thinking about asking if someone (perhap you, Vic! :D ) could provide an "expert evaluation" as I suspected PayPal would take the seller's side. Perhaps they should make the seller prove it's legit, after all, he's the one with the supposed contact to the record company. But when Paul offered the email address I put this option aside.

Paul has helped once again to point out a new possible email address for Universal, but I'm also 100% in favor of someone here providing what is being requested by PayPal if someone is willing and able to follow their guidelines. I'm sure the German fellow who just spoke up about buying this fake CD would be appreciative as well.

This community is great - I appreciate this help!!!
monkeewrench

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Mani wrote:Hi all :)
My name is Manfred,i am from Germany.
monkeywreench is not allone ,i have received also untough Known from M.P. Spain.
Thank you for this super site.
Sorry for my english :)
M

Sorry to hear this Manfred

but welcome to the site, great you like it, and hope to see you here regularly.

your english is perfect :D
pdalowsky

Postby LostRebel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:25 pm

I think the seller from Spain with the fake "unthought Known" is back... with a different ebay account this time...
LostRebel

Postby theserialthrilla » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 am

LostRebel wrote:I think the seller from Spain with the fake "unthought Known" is back... with a different ebay account this time...

totally agree
theserialthrilla

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 am

Manfred - did you dispute with paypal too?

I know that Monkeewrench got a refund after paypal found in his favour - i hope you did too
pdalowsky

Postby Asitseems » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:24 pm

I have that same promo cd :o I bought it from a German guy and i never though it was a fake.And i still dont think its a fake. What I think its a fake its the scanned one.

I use to burn my bootlegs into CD-R and I use the same Mark as the scanned cd in this post.Its mediaRange Mark. I know it because that numbers close to the hole.And I never saw a real promo or Real live bootleg Cd in a MeriaRange Cd. Where this guy got that scanned Unthought know promo cd :?:
Asitseems

Postby arq » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Asitseems wrote:I have that same promo cd :o I bought it from a German guy and i never though it was a fake.And i still dont think its a fake. What I think its a fake its the scanned one.

I use to burn my bootlegs into CD-R and I use the same Mark as the scanned cd in this post.Its mediaRange Mark. I know it because that numbers close to the hole.And I never saw a real promo or Real live bootleg Cd in a MeriaRange Cd. Where this guy got that scanned Unthought know promo cd :?:

The font used in the scanned CD is closer to the font in Backspacer, I would say that's a good clue.
arq

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:46 am

Asitseems wrote:I have that same promo cd :o I bought it from a German guy and i never though it was a fake.And i still dont think its a fake. What I think its a fake its the scanned one.

The scanned one was verified by Universal Holland - there are many subtle differences that are extremely conclusive too, including the case supplied in, the insert being double sided and it goes on and on, the one listed here in this thread is fake.....for what its worth the seller didnt defend it with paypal either, and paypal found in the buyers favour
pdalowsky

Postby Asitseems » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm

If you say so...But there is one thing is very strange to me. I had been searching for promo cds from Universal Holland and there is no one single promo cd from this label using the same CD-R as the PJ and this is very strange because Labels always use the same marks for the promo Cds. And MediaRange is like Verbatim. Would you believe a promo cd is real with the verbatim mark on the hole ? I dont

About what paypal says I really dont care a shit.This guys dont know a shit about music ;)

I still think my cd is Real :)
Asitseems

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography