WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: WARNING TO ALL COLLECTORS: SELLERS'S BLACK LIST!!!!

Postby Mango » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:01 am

Jaysus thats awful :roll:
Life comes from within your heart and desire
Mango

Postby rival » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:46 pm

I wanted to post this here because I recently acquired a bogus Ed pick and I wanted to share what it looked like so others don't fall victim to the same thing.

Taken in a mirror to show both sides at once.

Now, I don't have extensive knowledge about picks but I do know that the rat logo was a mid-90's era design and the standard "EV" in white wasn't adopted until the mid-00's.

To my knowledge, Ed only has two picks with the Rat on them. The hand written "EV" with the drawing of the light bulb and the Monkeywrench/Tomahawk on it. Also, the circle around the Rat is much thicker in the fake than on the real ones (IMO anyways).

Hope this helps some people out. The easier it is to identify fakes, the less chance there is to have them in circulation.

-Scott
rival

Postby arq » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:35 pm

rival wrote:I wanted to post this here because I recently acquired a bogus Ed pick and I wanted to share what it looked like so others don't fall victim to the same thing.

Taken in a mirror to show both sides at once.

Now, I don't have extensive knowledge about picks but I do know that the rat logo was a mid-90's era design and the standard "EV" in white wasn't adopted until the mid-00's.

To my knowledge, Ed only has two picks with the Rat on them. The hand written "EV" with the drawing of the light bulb and the Monkeywrench/Tomahawk on it. Also, the circle around the Rat is much thicker in the fake than on the real ones (IMO anyways).

Hope this helps some people out. The easier it is to identify fakes, the less chance there is to have them in circulation.

-Scott

I always check our database before buying, it may not be the best in the world but it has pretty much all the old picks. I hope you got your money back.

The most common way to check if a pick with the Ev lightbulb or the rat l logo is fake because the logos/drawings have all jagged lines, the real ones are all crisp and sharp.
arq

Postby rival » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Checking the database is not the best method as there ar a lot of legit picks that are not in there.

I think it might also be time to update the database. Might be tough to do with all the old picks and lack of resources, but it would be nice to organize all the picks by band member/year/design and then also include fakes (Boldly labeled of course) and indicate what makes them fake.

Posting real ones is great but it's posting the fake ones that will help people the most. In my opinion anyways.
rival

Postby arq » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:46 pm

rival wrote:Checking the database is not the best method as there ar a lot of legit picks that are not in there.

I think it might also be time to update the database. Might be tough to do with all the old picks and lack of resources, but it would be nice to organize all the picks by band member/year/design and then also include fakes (Boldly labeled of course) and indicate what makes them fake.

Posting real ones is great but it's posting the fake ones that will help people the most. In my opinion anyways.

True, I'll try to post all my picks and some people could fill the gaps in my collection.
arq

Postby rival » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:26 pm

arq wrote:
rival wrote:Checking the database is not the best method as there ar a lot of legit picks that are not in there.

True, I'll try to post all my picks and some people could fill the gaps in my collection.

I'm wondering if the powers that be might be able to make a sub-forum for this project?

If the mods are cool with it, I could take the posts with existing pictures, edit the photos and uniformly size them and we can properly post them in a thread where they would be easy to read/list. Just say the word and I'll get started. I don't want to step on anyone's toes though so if there is an objection to this, I have no problem just letting it be.
rival

Postby prl » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:35 pm

That would be great. I'll gladly help with that :)
prl

Postby arq » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:38 pm

rival wrote:If the mods are cool with it, I could take the posts with existing pictures, edit the photos and uniformly size them and we can properly post them in a thread where they would be easy to read/list. Just say the word and I'll get started. I don't want to step on anyone's toes though so if there is an objection to this, I have no problem just letting it be.

I already have all my picks photographed and ready to post here, but I'm at the office right now, but I'll do it tonight.
arq

Postby rival » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Cool. I saw you just started the new database thread. Maybe you should lock it for the time being so it doesn't get cluttered with non pick picture posts (tongue twister). That way we can keep all the picks at the top.
rival

Postby prl » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Yeah, I posted there but removed my post because of that. Nice going arq! :)
prl

Postby stupidmop » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:01 am

Hi guys, I'm seeing too many MYM Uk promo cds from a lot of sellers...

Is there some code on the center of disc can we check?
[url][img]
Code: Select all
[list][/list]
[/img][/url]
stupidmop

Postby Mani » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 am

Yes , there is a Number .
Z1JH A18A MC22010172 A62
is on my Copy ;)
Mani

Postby stupidmop » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 am

Mani wrote:Yes , there is a Number .
Z1JH A18A MC22010172 A62
is on my Copy ;)

Thanks a lot, I'm going to check mine, but i really don't understand if my copy is genuine or not :roll:
[url][img]
[list][/list]
[/img][/url]
stupidmop

Postby arq » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:16 am

This seller is from Canada and he sells fake picks, so buyers beware.

oddsnendz01
arq

Postby stupidmop » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:34 am

Is there anyone that bought some Promo Cd from ebay seller luckylarryspromoshack??

He's selling a lot of Getaway Promo Cds so I'd like to know if someone here has this cd from him already
[url][img]
[list][/list]
[/img][/url]
stupidmop

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography