Some singles I think doesn't exist in pj discography

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Some singles I think doesn't exist in pj discography

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:06 pm

HI everybody i am from italy and i am so happy to post my first (ops...it's the first) topic.

I would like to understand something about some pearl jam 7' singles I'm not sure about. I think that in the pjcollectors.com there are some edition I think doesn't exist in pj discography.
"Buying stocks" from jukebox company, I noted that sometimes sleeves might not match the label cause usually they sell a large buyout from jukebox company. If you see the page of the singles, you can see that some versions have the same vinyl and label, the same epic number, the same ...the same ...the same ...is the same ....but different covers (it appens to me). So i think that some versions are not real but have only a wrong cover due to large buyout!!!
please tell me if I am wrong ....thanks
If you see:

JEREMY (here)
number 4 is the same of number 10 (the last) but different cover (I AM PREATTY SURE ABOUT IT)
number 3 is the same of number 5 but different cover (I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS)

WHO YOU ARE (here)
number 3 is the same of number 4 but different cover (I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS) and same vinyl also of the number 2

ALIVE - spanish promo ARE 3077 (here)
number 2 is the same of number 3 but different cover (I THINK THIS VERSION CAN BE REAL BUT NOT SURE ABOUT IT)

IMMORTALITY (here)
it is the same of the regular release, only with a hole in the barcode ...i think it's stupid to consider it as a new promotional version. don't you think so?????

can someone answer my questions? have you other links or informations about that? thanks so much!!!
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Re: Some singles I think doesn't exist in pj discography

Postby Foreverdrunk » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:30 pm

I am not sure also and i doubt anyone can give you a 100% right answer. People got these covers when buying the single.. As far as I know they might be real, all of them (or not).
Last edited by Foreverdrunk on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spelling
Foreverdrunk

Postby bu$hleaguer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Frank, I agree with you that many singles are sold with different/generic sleeves that were not the original/proper ones they were initially distributed with. Maybe the listings should be consolidated by catalog number with photos of the various sleeve designs included together under one listing. One example is the Philippine Daughter 7" single. I have four of these, each with a different sleeve design but the catalog numbers are identical. I suppose a few items just need some housecleaning...
bu$hleaguer

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:26 pm

yeah i agree with all of you
i think i must change myesteem of the total amount of singles
i will cancel some version that have only a change in the generic sleeve...infact a lot of time the possibly error are from jukebox versions

ps i think daughter from phillipines are all the same :)
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Return to Pearl Jam Discography