Wouldn't it be cool.......

Post if you find problems or have any suggestion related to the forum or the site

Wouldn't it be cool.......

Postby eyejacker » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:08 pm

OK,,,,
sorry but i dont know much about website design,,, but i have a small suggestion which may be impossible...

Wouldn't it be cool to have a comment box under each item... so people could leave feedback about each individual item like how much they bought something for?
so,, i'm looking at ebay for some things, and some prices seem crazy!! and i'm not sure if they are cheap or expensive,,, and there are new items everyday on ebay,,, i can't ask people about every thing i see and like everyday... would be easier if people wrote how much they pay (and more info and ask questions), and we would have an average price,,, the cheapest and the most expensive..... like on expressobeans,,, but without the chart.....

and talking about expresso beans, it would be cool to have an online collection for each user,,,, but this sounds much harder....

thanx for your time....

eyejacker :-)
eyejacker

Re: Wouldn't it be cool.......

Postby norman-grunge » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Good suggestions eyejacker. A comment field with prices for an item sounds not so good to me. First many items were released many years ago and I don't know what I have paid for each item. I pay what it is worth to me. Maybe you should do this too.

I hope it will be possible once that everyone can create his own collection via our database. But there are also many many items missing like LPs, cassettes, bootlegs... I know it's neverending but it would be better to have "complete database" first.

What do you think?
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby dangerboy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:10 am

i'd be willing to create "my collection" here, even though it wouldn't be complete. i think that would be very cool.

and i don't know how difficult the expressobeans style salestracking would be, but it would be great also. it wouldn't matter what you paid years ago, since i think people would want it to be current values anyway. lots of places have tried to track ebay sales, etc., and have not been able to keep up. expressobeans' system seems to work great, and it contains way more items than this site ever will...
dangerboy

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 am

They really would both be excellent ideas...I too would create my collection,

I've been meaning to put up pictures for ages of my stuff and never seem to have time....

as for the price box- that would be phenomenal.....a real help, but like Norman says above, you can only ever pay what an item is worth to you......
pdalowsky

Postby VicSpeed » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:04 pm

I think make public what we think are good prices for rare items is a big mistake... this will be against the collectors' community.

Sellers will rise the prices for these items.

For example, a seller from Japan doesnt know if a Freak promo CD in BIN for 100$ is cheap or not. Am i right?
VicSpeed

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:48 am

Vic - that is an excellent point, and I actually got my freak in similar circumstances, it would be nice though as a price guide- much like EB.......at least nobody pays well over the odds and pays the market rate like we do with posters??
pdalowsky

Postby theserialthrilla » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:35 pm

what about a wanted forum..

so i could say i want brother watermarked promo and ill pay $120..if anyone will sell at this price please pm me..

beats going thought pages of trade/sell as i have done
theserialthrilla

Postby arq » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 pm

theserialthrilla wrote:what about a wanted forum..

Well that's been here for as long as i can remember:

"Trade/Sell/Buy" ;)
arq

Return to Help/Contribute