Listing / pictures of fan club mailings

Post if you find problems or have any suggestion related to the forum or the site

Listing / pictures of fan club mailings

Postby rlhammon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 am

Not sure where to posts requests like this, so please direct me and I'll post elsewhere if needed.

I've been sorting through yet more boxes of PJ stuff, and I've finally found all (most?) of my fan club newsletters. I'm wondering if there is a list and/or pictures of each newsletter from the start. I believe I have everyone of the mailings from the first post card sent out to Mother Love Bone fan club members through the latest mailings this year (2013). I'd like to put them all in order and confirm though, in case I have another box to go through.

For a few years I have multiple mailings and fan club singles as I had everyone in my family signed up. :)

Anyone know of this sort of thing out there on the web? I haven't checked with John / Jessica at TwoFeetThick, as I just thought of it now. I'll ask Jessica in Chicago at the Wrigley show, it might make an interesting article if they haven't done this yet.

Thanks.
rlhammon

Re: Listing / pictures of fan club mailings

Postby VicSpeed » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:47 am

You can find some images here: http://groenf.home.xs4all.nl/newsletter.html

and some more in this website in the future... ;)
VicSpeed

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 am

rlhammon wrote:Not sure where to posts requests like this, so please direct me and I'll post elsewhere if needed.

I've been sorting through yet more boxes of PJ stuff, and I've finally found all (most?) of my fan club newsletters. I'm wondering if there is a list and/or pictures of each newsletter from the start. I believe I have everyone of the mailings from the first post card sent out to Mother Love Bone fan club members through the latest mailings this year (2013). I'd like to put them all in order and confirm though, in case I have another box to go through.

For a few years I have multiple mailings and fan club singles as I had everyone in my family signed up. :)

Anyone know of this sort of thing out there on the web? I haven't checked with John / Jessica at TwoFeetThick, as I just thought of it now. I'll ask Jessica in Chicago at the Wrigley show, it might make an interesting article if they haven't done this yet.

Thanks.

very happy to help you organise, I have all the newsletters in order - most are easy - the first 4-5 however are the tricky ones - so let me know which you want to determine
pdalowsky

Postby rlhammon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

pdalowsky wrote:very happy to help you organise, I have all the newsletters in order - most are easy - the first 4-5 however are the tricky ones - so let me know which you want to determine

Thanks. Perhaps I'll get a chance tonight to start working on this. I found a shoebox yesterday stuffed full of Pearl Jam concert tickets, and older (pre '98) fan club mailings. I also found three setlists I had been looking for, which was a great bonus!

As soon as I can get time together to start putting this in order I'll see what I'm having issues with, thanks!
rlhammon

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 am

rlhammon wrote:
pdalowsky wrote:very happy to help you organise, I have all the newsletters in order - most are easy - the first 4-5 however are the tricky ones - so let me know which you want to determine

Thanks. Perhaps I'll get a chance tonight to start working on this. I found a shoebox yesterday stuffed full of Pearl Jam concert tickets, and older (pre '98) fan club mailings. I also found three setlists I had been looking for, which was a great bonus!

As soon as I can get time together to start putting this in order I'll see what I'm having issues with, thanks!

pleasure.....any time
pdalowsky

Postby rlhammon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:50 pm

pdalowsky wrote:
rlhammon wrote:

pleasure.....any time

I had a chance today to go through what I've unearthed so far. It's amazing the number of hand written letters I have from early traders, back in the days of the GoS e-mail list and prior to any real fan websites. I've spent a lot of time reading through those today.

So, I have another box to find somewhere, because I have found the following:

#4, #6, #7, #8 to #10 (multiples), #11 (ambulance never punched out), #12, #14-#17, #19,
what I believe to be #20 (shrink wrapped still, shows calendar on one side and Contest #20 on back),
#23, #24, Deep 2006-2012

Paul is the one I show shrink wrapped #20? Am I missing anything between #24 and the start of the Deep series in 2006?

#6 is my first newsletter. I signed up prior to #5 going out, but didn't get that one, but a friend of mine did (we signed up at the same time).

I know I've purchased #1 - #5 previously (back in the late 90s), now I just need to find them all. Next is checking on the Xmas singles... I have many multiples of those too.
rlhammon

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:03 am

very confident 24 was the last 'newsletter'

just need to check no 20 for you.....my memory is terrible but there was a calender but i recall it was no 22 - im probably wrong

there was also the bootleg companion from 2003 that was a newsletter - you probably have that too
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 am

the calender (there has been two different ones) that is brown looking and seperate sheets - is the one No20.

the bootleg companion is 21. thats the little book the same size as a CD
pdalowsky

Postby rlhammon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:11 pm

pdalowsky wrote:the calender (there has been two different ones) that is brown looking and seperate sheets - is the one No20.

the bootleg companion is 21. thats the little book the same size as a CD

Thanks. Not sure I've found 21 then. I'll have to look through some more boxes.
rlhammon

Return to Help/Contribute