Hi, I'm new here ...

Post if you find problems or have any suggestion related to the forum or the site

Hi, I'm new here ...

Postby someonesbrain » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:18 pm

... at this board - even though I'm not new to collecting all things Pearl Jam. I'm located in Germany. I have been quite active at the BRY board for some years and I am regularly visiting the German vitalogy/VAF board and the poster collectors site Expressobeans. My PJ collection contains all the regular vinyl LPs, 12" and 7", the complete X-Mas 7", lots of rare promo CDs (Rarefied, Freak) and singles (Black) and more than 200 posters (about 130 Pearl Jam posters). :geek: I'm still collecting posters and rare PJ vinyl and CDs even though not as avid as some years ago (underwent some kind of shift in priorities). I think I recognised some board member names that I know from other boards. Is there any secret hand shake to be accepted to this board or do I just contribute to the discussion ...?

Chris
someonesbrain

Re: Hi, I'm new here ...

Postby theserialthrilla » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 pm

you don't know the handshake :o
theserialthrilla

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:41 pm

someonesbrain wrote:... at this board - even though I'm not new to collecting all things Pearl Jam. I'm located in Germany. I have been quite active at the BRY board for some years and I am regularly visiting the German vitalogy/VAF board and the poster collectors site Expressobeans. My PJ collection contains all the regular vinyl LPs, 12" and 7", the complete X-Mas 7", lots of rare promo CDs (Rarefied, Freak) and singles (Black) and more than 200 posters (about 130 Pearl Jam posters). :geek: I'm still collecting posters and rare PJ vinyl and CDs even though not as avid as some years ago (underwent some kind of shift in priorities). I think I recognised some board member names that I know from other boards. Is there any secret hand shake to be accepted to this board or do I just contribute to the discussion ...?

Chris

Welcome Chris... Great to see you here

No handshake mate ....

Just some photos of your collection!!
pdalowsky

Postby VicSpeed » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 am

Welcome Chris!!
VicSpeed

Postby someonesbrain » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:52 am

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome. There are a lot of Euro folks around here, aren't they? I'll post some pics of my collection later. Any wishes?
someonesbrain

Postby Lost Dog » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 am

wellcome on board :D
Lost Dog

Postby someonesbrain » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Just a short question that fits in here as good as anywhere else: How do I add a pic to my post when replying to an existing thread?
someonesbrain

Postby VicSpeed » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:26 pm

someonesbrain wrote:Just a short question that fits in here as good as anywhere else: How do I add a pic to my post when replying to an existing thread?

try this...
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.yourimage.../[/img]

clicking on the "Img" button.
VicSpeed

Postby someonesbrain » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:25 pm

VicSpeed wrote:
someonesbrain wrote:Just a short question that fits in here as good as anywhere else: How do I add a pic to my post when replying to an existing thread?

try this...

I can add to my post an image/pic that is saved and stored somewhere else in the www that way, right? But can I upload a pic from my computer to this board "directly"?
someonesbrain

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:54 pm

someonesbrain wrote:
VicSpeed wrote:

try this...

I can add to my post an image/pic that is saved and stored somewhere else in the www that way, right? But can I upload a pic from my computer to this board "directly"?

No I dont think you can Chris, I think you must upload to something like photobucket.com first and use the URL link on your file there and paste it between the Img brackets here..

does that make sense?
pdalowsky

Postby someonesbrain » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 pm

pdalowsky wrote:does that make sense?

Yes, makes sense to me. At the BRY board it was possible to upload pics (with a reasonable size limit) to the board - thought it could work the same way here. But no problem. So I have to find a way to upload pics somewhere else before posting pics of the collection here. And thanks again to all of you for your welcome posts and PMs.
someonesbrain

Postby norman-grunge » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:38 pm

hallo chris. schön dich auch hier begrüßen zu können. wird ja mal zeit. 8-)
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby someonesbrain » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Hallo Norman, viele Grüße nach Dresden aus dem schönen Thüringen. ;)
someonesbrain

Postby massimo » Thu May 05, 2011 9:19 am

Welcome again Chris !!
Do you still collect posters?
massimo

Postby someonesbrain » Thu May 05, 2011 1:12 pm

massimo wrote:Welcome again Chris !!
Do you still collect posters?

Hi Massimo, yes I still collect - in fact I collected more posters than vinyl, promo CDs etc. the last years ...
someonesbrain

Next

Return to Help/Contribute