Ticket Help For London On Saturday?

Share your Pearl Jam's Tour Experiences

Ticket Help For London On Saturday?

Postby rival » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Just wondering if there are any kind souls who would help me try and secure tickets for the London show on Saturday at 10am ET.

I have been seriously stressing over this sale for two weeks now since all 4 of the memberships in our family were rejected for the seat lotto (sabotage? ;) )

If anyone would be up for helping me with tickets, I can make it worth your while (this means I would send you a nice "Thank You" PJ package)

Shoot me a PM if you can help me on Saturday. I really appreciate it. The thought of missing a show this close to home has literally kept me up at night. I was excited at the possibility of winning the seat lottery for a show like London. Turns out, I couldn't even win the ticket lotto. :(

Cheers and thanks in advance,
-Scott
rival

Re: Ticket Help For London On Saturday?

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Scott,

if you can let me know the time and where they are being sold (ticketmaster canada at a guess?) I will try my upmost to help you.

and dude, no need for any thank you package.....would be delighted to help if I can.

P
pdalowsky

Postby rival » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:55 pm

This is the site they're being sold on: http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... EB&RDAT=BG

here's the min site in case the link above stops working between now and the sale: http://www.budweisergardens.com/events/2013-Pearl-Jam

They go on sale on Saturday morning at 10am Eastern Time (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html Look at the "Toronto's" time to convert to where you live) but this particular site has a "virtual waiting room." If you're not familiar with the term, it basically means they open the sale page at or before 10am and you click to buy tickets and they put you on a waiting page (like being in cue in a waiting room). Sometimes you can get through in a minute or two, sometimes it could take 20 :shock: The worst part is that if you're waiting and waiting, sometimes the webpage times out and you have to start again...not fun.

With this site being much, much smaller than the 10c servers (maybe) and definitely smaller than "CroudSurge" I'm thinking there might be a possibility of "Sabotage" so I'm still undecided if I'm going to drive 3 hours after work tomorrow night and get in line at like 4am. I really don't know how my luck would fare in line compared to online as the list time I lined up for tickets, the internet wasn't a method of securing tickets! I don't want to drive all the way down there and be like 10th in line behind a bunch of scalpers. I feel my time would be better used trying online.

Anyways, I think If anyone is going to help, I think the best means of communication would just be to post in this thread when the sale happens. If more than one person is trying to help with me, I can communicate with everyone together here.

If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know. I'm trying to figure out the most efficient and effective possible way to do this.

-Scott
rival

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Gotta be worth the drive and have someone online at the same time
pdalowsky

Postby rival » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:07 pm

pdalowsky wrote:Gotta be worth the drive and have someone online at the same time

Well I get off work tomorrow night at 2am. I figure I can get to London by 4am which would put me in a good spot in line (I hope). I would have my dad and my wife trying at home while myself and my sisters boyfriend are in line in London. I just think though that if I'm like 4th, 5th, 6th, etc in line, I'd be out of luck for tickets.

I also don't like that I'll have to rely on other people for the online sale and I can't do it myself.

Yeah, I'm really stumped if I should commit to going down or not. Once I'm there it's all or none. I can't stomach the fact that there's a possibility is be paying a scalper for tickets.

I need to get two pairs. I don't want to get 4 together though as trying to get 4 all together would be much harder to pull during the sale and would probably put us at the back of the venue.
rival

Postby LostRebel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 am

I tried to access the direct link but with no luck.
Also, I found this on the pj forum about that issue:
http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=203621

Seems that only people from N.America can have access to the online ticketing system :?
LostRebel

Postby rival » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Well...That stinks.

Also, we're currently in the middle of a huge snow storm. I won't be driving down to London tonight after work anymore as there's a good chance the highway will be closed. Also, too many idiots in this kind of weather (not me).

I'll be putting my faith in the online sale tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I'm still a serious nervous wreck.

Thanks anyways to those across the pod who offered to help. Appreciate it nonetheless.
rival

Postby pdalowsky » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:33 am

That really does stink

So if we wanted to go we'd be pretty much screwed

Good luck Scott
pdalowsky

Postby rival » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 pm

So I was flip flopping about going down to London on Saturday morning to get tickets until I heard from a friend in London that people were lining up at 5:30pm Friday night (30 minutes before my 8 hour shift would even start) I knew that if I got down there at 4am, I wouldn't be 1st...or 3rd. I opted to try from home Saturday morning.

Saturday morning we were all trying for tickets, Me, my dad, my sister, my mom, and my sisters boyfriend. We were all on our own laptops. I figured there may be too many people all on one IP address so I went to my friends place to try with his internet connection.

The first ten minutes of the sale were brutal. Site kept crashing and timing out. after about 10 minutes I got through to the "word verification" page. put it in and "Sorry. There are no available tickets." :o

Kept trying and trying and trying...After about the 6th time, I finally snagged a pair. Probably someone who's cart timed out and they get thrown back in. I ended up with section 108 about 10 rows up.

It's definitely the furthest away I've ever sat from Pearl Jam but at least I'm in the building. Cant say the same for my parents and sister though. :(

I continued to try for them for another hour. We were all unsuccessful in grabbing another pair... I'm going to have to keep my ear to the ground over on the 10c to see if anyone will be unloading a pair in the coming months. Hopefully I can grab a new/better pair for myself and give them my pair. Especially my dad. He took me to my first PJ show when I was 14. We've been to at least 1 show together every tour since.

Hardest PJ ticket sale I've ever been a part of. I loathe the lottery...
rival

Postby rival » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Just found out from a girl twitter that she was second in line. Waited 17.5 hours (got there at 6:30pm Friday) and her tickets are section 109 and 12 rows up. One over and two up from the seats I pulled online. Starting to feel better about not going down and trying in person.
rival

Postby norman-grunge » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Great to hear you got some tickets Scott.

Fingers crossed you will find more tickets for your family.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby LostRebel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 am

At least you got something Scott. I'm happy for you mate.

Venues usually release a small amount of tickets the last months prior to the concert (this also happened with most european venues in 2012). Don't forget to recheck at the venue site at about the same time as the tickets went on sale. Maybe they'll release leftovers or something.
LostRebel

Return to Tour