PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Share your Pearl Jam's Tour Experiences

Re: PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Postby norman-grunge » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:52 pm

VicSpeed wrote:When I visited Seattle in december of 2002 there were only two shows announced, at the Key Arena. I bought show tickets, plane from Amsterdam (17hours flight!), and later they played the ShowBox...

I was fortunate to attend the 4 shows... Maybe this year will be the same?

I really hope for some warm-up shows in a small club or maybe a third show in the Key Arena. I would be magical to see the guys in a small club. You are so lucky Vic that you even have a DVD from the Showbox. :)

pdalowsky wrote:
norman-grunge wrote:
pdalowsky wrote:Norman, that is something I would love to do, but like most funds will not stretch, especially given i forsee a euro tour next year again too.

If I even mentioned it I fear the word divorce ;)

That's why I'm not married my friend. :D

I can understand you Paul. My girlfriend was a little shocked too when I have told her my plans. But she knew somehow that someday I wanna do this. It's a longtime dream of me so she could understand me quite good.

I hope they come back next year but I'm not sure. I don't know if they will do these super long world tours again. The dates for the Europe and the US are quite short. They even didn't toured in Europe with Riot Act. So you never know.

Ha ha, I hope you make it Norman, your girlfriend is understanding....Mine thinks I'm a PJ moron, who has a serious problem, but she lets me get on with it for the most part.

She has a difficulty understanding why I would want to see 4 dates in 5 days or whatever. The again most people would, because for the most parts they enjoy things like Take That who rely on a heavily rehearsed almost theatre production stage show, that is choreographer to the second, so every night is the same. There are not many bands in fact like PJ who put on a different show every night. Hence some people just cant see why we are like we are.

Sometimes my girlfriend just shakes her head when I get another package with a CD that I obvisiouly already have. But she is really cool. I think most wifes or girlfriends wouldn't understand us. So we are quite lucky. :D
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Yuri » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:56 am

Hi Norman, I got your message!

DAMN!! My girlfriend and I were actually planning to go to Seattle this september, but deceided not to because we want to save up some money.
I would love to see them in Seattle again like I did in 2002, but lately I am also spending money on more important things in my life.
Last year, Pearl Jam has got A LOT of money from me..
I need to be realistic, and not go crazy.
If I had some more money, I would already have bought a ticket to Seattle!
I hope you guys who are fortunate enough to go to the US, have a great time!

ow yes... any news on an interview with the band?
I have some questions as well, who can I send them to...

rock n roll!
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:24 am

Hey Yuri, PM me them, I posted a full list of the questions so far on the other thread
pdalowsky

Postby Yuri » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Ok, cool.

what thread is that? I can't really find it..is it the hidden one..I can't see that one..so if anyone can help me with that.. :mrgreen:
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Yes Yuri, its the private thread.......if you Pm me your Q's I'll add them and then then Pm you the present list - your green river query is on there
pdalowsky

Previous

Return to Tour