Euro tour is over

Share your Pearl Jam's Tour Experiences

Euro tour is over

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

Probably the best dates I ever saw.

I'm stunned at home good these shows were, manchester sneaked it for me as the best of the bunch, but venue wise berlin wins hands down. Thats one hell of a nice place.

Great to finally meet Norman, super cool guy.

and Dave, great spot on the barrier mate!!

and a fleeting meet up with Vic, wish we could have had longer ...next time for sure.

and Massimo - we missed twice!!! I looked around those trees for some time calling your name but I couldnt find you. my phone died after i tried to call you. a real shame, but we will get together on the euro tour 2010 :D
pdalowsky

Re: Euro tour is over

Postby norman-grunge » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Damn it's already over again - 3 shows in 4 days.

I had a great time too. Berlin started with perfect weather and beautiful location. Just the Tenclub entrance was a mess. To me they have sold too many 10C tickets. They should limit them a little more. But I can also understand that many people want to have 10C tickets. It was very nice to meet Filippo in the Tenclub waiting area. We had a beer together. Filippo you may can send me the photo? :D It was great to hear Bee Girl, Angie and Sonic Reducer. After the show I met Paul and his brother Phil. Really nice guys.

Manchester isn't a really beautiful city - sorry Paul. :oops: But I got to see the Manchester United match vs. Birmingham. I had goosebumps when the fans shouted. Great experience I wont forget too. On the flight to Manchester I met Vic and Iker for the first time. Great nice guys too but they were really tired. 8-) On the evening I met Dave, his brother and his friends. Nice crazy guys and a lot of alcohol. Thanks for the beers guys. ;) The show next day was great. I liked the setlist a lot more than Berlin. I loved to hear Long Road again plus my first my Smile and The Real Me. Just the audience was really quiet or sleepy. I love the Klausen poster for this show. Thanks Paul for saving me and my friends a poster. :)

Yeah London again. I was impressed by the O2. Great arena with a fantastic sound. The band was in a great mood. They really rocked the arena. For me the best show. It was great to rock out with Iker on front row. I was lovely with Release. My opener plus Long Road and I got both to hear. All in all 3 great shows again. I just recognized that I am getting older. I was front row all 3 shows but it's a loong way to be there with waiting all day and travelling in the night or early in the morning. So I am curious for my Seattle shows. Going relaxed to the shows will be fine but then no front row of course. :(

Paul I should come to your house some time and watch your Pearl Jam museum. You are a smart nice guy I really loved to hang out with you and your mates. The next time we need to rock out together on a Pearl Jam show. :D
Vic and Iker next time we need to talk longer when your are not so tired. :D
Dave I will let you know when I'm in Italy again. ;)
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:17 am

Norman, no need to apologise, manchester is not a great place. its just home to a great football club, otherthan that theres not a great deal else to see.

Yorkshire is far nicer. When you come to the Uk I will invite you over for a few days and show you how beautiful the english countryside is, so you can see the other side that isnt the major city life.

you are welcome at my house anytime you like Norman, it would be my pleasure :D
pdalowsky

Postby Yuri » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:04 am

Hi guys!
Next time I will surely get a ticket to a show where all of you are going as well, I really want to meet you all! I just have to save a lot of money these days..

The Rotterdam show was truly awesome. Met some great people, and I enjoyed the show very much.
Too bad I saw the poster being sold out to the guy that was right in front of me :(

but..great show, I loved Brother, Nothingman, Got Some, Love Reign O'er me, Black and 1/2 full a lot..

Even though I haven't met anyone here in person, I think you are all great guys, and I enjoy "hanging out" with you all here very much! :D
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby Megadave » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:15 pm

just back at my home after this short british holidays!! :cry:

no words....2 great shows....and Manchester setlist was absolutely perfect!!!!

and just few lines for 2guys of this board......2great guys of this board!!!

Paul.....what can i say....u're so "electric"....thanx for the ticket and for your support.....and yes...great fun on the barrier....and this is my end score: stick directly from Matt's hands after played Indifference to close the Manchester show!!!

and Norman....every words that i can use to describe our Alchoolic evening....can ruin it....so just thanx to share all your smiles,alchool,thoughts,impressions with us......a great embrace from my "crazy" friends!!!.............Now,u know!!!!!! :D :D

Hope to see u in the next tour...and obviously in Italy....Norm, Paul, now u know that in this country there 's a little home for u!!! :D
it's a great feeling know that u're out there!!

Yuri...hope we can share in future the same shows!! ;)
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby Yuri » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Yes, really sorry I missed all you guys!
But..whenever you might travel around and end up in Kopenhagen, you are all always welcome to stay at our place as well.
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:08 am

Dave it was great to meet you and your friends too.....they seemed great people.....and boy did they like a drinky!!! :D

I was so pleased you managed to get to the barrier right in front of Eddie!!!

Manchester's set list was unrivalled for me - the best i have seen, although I would have paid a lot to see that night 1 chicago show. That looked unreal, perfect for me.

Take care and already looking forward to the next tour, where we will all meet Yuri too for sure ;)
pdalowsky

Postby massimo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:01 am

Hi to all guys,
after the tour I had another week of holidays so I'm really come back now!
I spent one week in Berlin and London and I really enjoied the city and the shows!
In Berlin was a very beatiful location (and met the band before the show), in London I was shoked from the vanue, the O2 Arena is :shock:
I liked more the London show.
I'm really sorry, I didn't met you guys even if me and Paul had tried to set up a meeting..
I hope to meet you next year with the next tour!
massimo

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey Mass how did the band meeting come about?
pdalowsky

Postby VicSpeed » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:03 am

Hi everybody. I returned from my 2nd leg on the Caribe two days ago.

The Euro Tour 2009 was awesome!...

I enjoyed Rotterdam and Manchester more than Berlin and London, met Paul and Norman (next time we must ORGANIZE IT!) and was tired the whole week.

Crazy days, a lot of people to met, and this year there were a lot of Jammers following the 4 shows!
VicSpeed

Postby LostRebel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:47 am

Just got back from loooong vacation (first time after many years)!
Euro (UK for me) tour was really great!
I really enjoyed the Manchester show! Great setlist and really great crowd.
Met a lot of people from all PJ forums.
Also met Norman (I didn't hear you or Anthoula entering the room :lol: ) and Dave (congrats for the drum stick!!!). Really great guys, too bad we didn't have a chance to have a drink and a talk.

Let's hope for a tour again in 2010!!!
LostRebel

Postby Stephaned28 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:12 am

pdalowsky wrote:Norman, no need to apologise, manchester is not a great place. its just home to a great football club, otherthan that theres not a great deal else to see.

Yorkshire is far nicer. When you come to the Uk I will invite you over for a few days and show you how beautiful the english countryside is Impression plexiglas Cannes, so you can see the other side that isnt the major city life.

you are welcome at my house anytime you like Norman, it would be my pleasure :D

Yes, I have had the opportunity to visit some areas and I can say it's really cool.
Stephaned28

Return to Tour